Updated Date: February 1st, 2020
Information We Collect And How We Make Use Of It
We require Customers who register to use the services offered on our Website (collectively, the “Service”) to give us personally identifiable information, which may include but is not limited to the Customer’s first and last name, company name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, cookies, IP logs, and other information (collectively “Personal Information”). Besides the Personal Information, we may also collect other information regarding your use of the Website, including general statistical or aggregate information, which may be collected whether or not you register for the Services offered on our Website. From time to time, we may also collect or ask for additional Personal Information, which will also be expressly included herein as Personal Information. You can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked or not using the Website, although not providing it may hinder your ability to use the Website.
The categories of personal information we collect are:
– Identifiers (real name, contact information, email address, etc.) for contacting.
– Professional/Employment information (specific to the “Working at Tractorbeam” option) for resume submissions.
– Internet/electronic network activity information
We use the Personal Information and the information that we collect to provide and maintain the Website as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. We may also use the information to contact you to further discuss interest in our company, the services that we provide, and to send information regarding our company or partners, such as promotions and events. You may be invited to receive an email newsletter or other correspondence by providing an email address. We may also email (or send via other methods) information regarding updates to the Website or TRACTORBEAM, and may send a customer newsletter, or other correspondence. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe to any emails or mailings by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you, or by e-mailing us at our Customer Service Department. Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by TRACTORBEAM. It is your obligation to verify that you have been opted-out. TRACTORBEAM shall not be liable for problems with the opt-out procedures.
In addition, we may share or disclose your information, including Personal Information, in the following situations:
– We reserve the right to disclose any Personal Information or other information if required to do so by law, including compliance with legal process served on TRACTORBEAM, or if we believe that such action is necessary in order to (a) protect or defend the legal rights or property of TRACTORBEAM, the Website or its Customers, or (b) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of the Website’s users or the general public.
– Personal Information you submit, and other information we collect, may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, licensees, joint venturers, partners, sponsors and/or vendors (collectively, “Affiliated Third Parties”) to perform customer service, carry out your requests, respond to inquiries, and to notify you regarding any promotions, purchases or account information.
– Personal Information you submit, and other information we collect, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Website or fulfill our services, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Customer information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
– Personal Information you submit, and other information we collect, may be distributed or shared in order to conduct any business as we, in our sole subjective discretion, deem reasonable.
We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals or mechanisms.
TRACTORBEAM may also collect certain information from visitors to, and users of, the Website, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, and to administer our Website in order to constantly improve the quality of the Service. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from you and provide such information to third parties.
TRACTORBEAM does not wish to collect any Personal Information (or any information at all) from any persons under 14 years old. If you are under 14 years old, you may not use the Website.
Tractorbeam.com subscribes to an Anti-Spam policy for all its communication protocols. This means that we do not condone unsolicited email messages, notifications, alerts or any message that you may receive from someone who should not have your email address.
If you have received an unsolicited email message, which you would like to report to Tractorbeam please inform us via email at: email@example.com.
The following two options are available:
– Inform Tractorbeam of the incident, but keep your email unblocked, or
– Inform Tractorbeam of the incident and have your email blocked so as to not be able to receive any messages sent via Tractorbeam.
Please include your email address, the date and time you received it and the contents of the message (if possible) when completing the email.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable information (PII) Defined: Any information or combination of information that identifies, links, or is unique to a person. PII can be broken into two different categories: sensitive and non-sensitive. PII is defined as sensitive when, if lost or compromised, it could potentially result in harm or identity theft. Non-sensitive PII is defined as publicly available information. This pertains to both client and client’s customer data.
Examples of PII (Not all inclusive) :
|Sensitive||SSN, Driver’s License, Birth Date, Birthplace, Cell phone, Personal email or mailing address, Employment information|
|Non-sensitive||Office location, Business phone number, Business email address|
Sensitive PII Handling:
– Sensitive PII will not be transmitted through attachments within email or other communication tools that are not encrypted.
– All sensitive PII data is to be stored and shared directly through specific cloud tools to ensure encryption while not in use – Google Drive, Box, Dropbox.
– Permission to data will only be shared with those that have been agreed to be working on the specified tasks.
– No personal accounts will have access to sensitive PII data.
– No personal laptops or devices will be used to access sensitive PII data.
– When sensitive PII data is provided through insecure means, data is to be moved to one of the specified cloud tools and any local files that may have been stored is to be deleted.
– Once sensitive PII data isn’t needed anymore, delete all data previously stored.
– If it’s required to store sensitive PII on a local storage device, the hard drive must be encrypted.
Third Party Websites
The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. You will need to check the policy statement of these others websites to understand their policies. When you access a linked site you may be disclosing private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
When you view our Websites, we may store some information on your computer’s hard drive. This information will be in the form of a “Cookie.” Cookies enable us to establish the shopping cart session and allow you to purchase products on-line at our site. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. Without accepting a Cookie, you can browse through our site, but you will be unable to establish a shopping cart session and make a purchase on-line.
The Website makes a reasonable effort to protect your information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts your information to ensure it remains private and secure. WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT AND/OR GUARANTEE THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL REMAIN SECURE. To check the security of your connection, look at the bottom of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site will change from “http” to “https”.
Updates To Our Policy
How To Contact Us
Mailing Address: Tractorbeam LP, 1526 S. Good Latimer Suite 130, Dallas, TX 75226
To submit personal information requests please contact us at:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Consumers may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period,
– Tractorbeam will need to collect information from the requesting party so that it can verify their identity, and
– Tractorbeam will respond within 45 days of receiving a personal information request.